Beautiful Womanhood: Humble Beginnings
In 2003, Beautiful Womanhood began in Grand Rapids, Michigan, when Sandy Ralya began holding Beautiful Womanhood Seminars. At these seminars, she shared her personal testimony of how mentoring strengthened her, and eventually her marriage. As a result, several local churches began Beautiful Womanhood small groups. Over 1,000 small group participants offered their feedback through surveys and testimonials. The enlightening conclusion? Beautiful Womanhood effectively:
- Raises up new lay leaders –women who mentor the next generation of wives (Titus 2:3-5)
- Strengthens marriages
- Increases faith and inner-confidence of women
- Builds community among married women of all ages
- Evangelizes through changed lives and marriages
From humble beginnings to amazing growth. Today, Beautiful Womanhood small groups meet around the country, in Canada, the Caribbean, and Africa.
Beautiful Womanhood’s Mission Statement
Beautiful Womanhood equips lay leaders, encourages women, and builds community by promoting the biblical concept of mentoring.
Beautiful Womanhood’s Vision
As a Christian mentoring ministry, Beautiful Womanhood seeks to promote and demonstrate an evangelistic mindset as we strengthen and unite a worldwide community of women who are—or desire to be—beautiful women. Our goal is to raise up and train mentors who come alongside wives, as well as those preparing for marriage, and encourage them to embrace Jesus Christ and biblical principles in marriage, struggle, and decision.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe that the fulfillment of God’s plan of redemption will begin with the visible personal return of Christ to judge the world and separate believers and unbelievers forever, and will culminate in a new creation.
- We believe that God chooses to work through the believers in his church and that we are called to evangelism and discipling of believers within the fellowship of the church.